Perfect for a choco-holic at Christmas time. A guaranteed winner! Serve in any glass and garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle on chocolate powder.
2 tablespoons brandy
2 tablespoons creme de cacao
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1 cup chocolate ice cream, softened
Directions: In blender, combine brandy, creme de cacao, and chocolate syrup. Blend at medium speed until well-mixed. Add the softened ice cream in large chunks. Blend at high speed until smooth. Serve immediately.
1/3 Spiced Rum
1/3 Graf's Fränkische Pflaume
1/3 Creme de Noyeaux
Shake over ice and strain into a chilled sugar rimmed cocktail glass.
Christminti (shown right)
1/3 Stoli Vanil
1/3 White Creme de Cacao
1/3 Green Creme de Menthe
Shake over ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
To a heatproof mug, add 1 tsp. peppermint extract.
Add 3 oz. hot coffee and 3 oz. hot chocolate.
Top with whipped cream and garnish with a peppermint candy stick.
1/3 oz. Grenadine
1/3 oz. Green Creme de Menthe
1/3 oz. Peppermint Schnapps
Glass type: Shot
Directions: Layer in shot glass. Pour in order listed.
Nutty Chocolate Coffee
In a heatproof glass mug, add a piece of dark chocolate. Cover with 2 oz. hot coffee and stir until chocolate has partially dissolved. Add 1?4 tsp. almond extract. Top with equal parts hot coffee and hot milk and stir again. Garnish with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
Caramel Cream Pots
1 handheld electric mixer
6-8 small bowls or ramekins 1/2 cup (125 mL)
1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
4 oz (125 g) best quality dark chocolate
1/4 cup (50 mL) Mudshake Caramel
1. Melt chocolate in a microwave oven. Whip the cream with mascarpone, stir in the Mudshake Caramel. Pour cream mixture into individual serving dishes. Pour the melted chocolate over the cream mixture, stirring with a small spoon to create a marbled effect, then decorate with chocolate shavings and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving. Serves 6 - 12
Tins of this bark make great last-minute special gifts. Use aromatherapy peppermint oil, the purest peppermint oil that you can buy, available at health food stores. It tastes much better than peppermint extract. Use Belgian chocolate for the best flavour.
1 lb (500 g) chopped bittersweet chocolate
8 drops peppermint oil
1 lb (500 g) chopped white chocolate
3?4 cup (175 mL) chopped candy canes
1. Line an 11 x 17-inch (28 x 43-cm) baking sheet with parchment paper. Adjust amounts for different sized cookie sheets. Set aside.
2. Melt bittersweet chocolate in a heavy pot on low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in 4 drops peppermint oil or more to taste.
3. Spread chocolate evenly onto the prepared sheet. Chill until set, about 1 hour.
4. Melt white chocolate in a heavy pot on low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining four drops of peppermint oil, then add candy canes.
5. Spread white chocolate mixture over chilled dark chocolate, spreading to the edge of the pan.
Chill until set, about 4 hours or overnight. Refrigerate until just before serving, then break into pieces and serve or package as gifts. Will keep in the refrigerator for 3 weeks. Makes 1 large sheet.